31 May 2010

May 2010 Favorites


I can't believe it's the end of May already! And that it will be June tomorrow! Wow... Well I want to do monthly favorites and maybe sometimes not so favorites, so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to try to say within a 5 to 10 limit, and I really just want to focus on things that particularly stood out to me for that month. Here are my May favorites.....

1. Sun-less tanner. I'm using Jergens Natural Glow Firming in Fair to Medium. Summer is just around the corner and I like having a bit of a tan or glow during the summer. I use this lotion at night--just put it on and wait at least 5 min before putting on pjs and getting into bed so you don't end up staining your clothes or sheets.

2. Teeth Whitening Strips. I know, this is so random, but I got Crest 3D white strips because I'm graduating next month and I want a nice white smile for all those pictures I know are going to be taken. I didn't think these would do much but they actually work. My teeth aren't blinding white, but they are much whiter than before.

3. Bronzer (MAC Bronzing Powder in Golden). I have really been liking this product. I do plan on doing a blog on bronzer, but I want more time to experiment with this and maybe some other bronzer's first. However I have been using this a lot since I bought it and I love it. I'm not crazy about the shimmer, but that's only because I don't like any shimmer at all on my face. However this bronzer is not supper shimmery, it is nice, I'm just careful when I apply it.

4. MAC eyeshadow in Grain. This color is truly amazing. I use it almost every time I do my makeup. it's great for an all over the lid color, or for blending edges. I also will even use as a brow highlight, which I think you probably wouldn't go for usually because it doesn't look like a highlight color, but it works. Anyway--LOVE it!

5. Nude lips. I know they've been "in" for a while now, but I've just recently jumped on the band wagon. My favorite nude lipsticks are MAC Creme d' Nude which is more of a true nude and Hue which is a bit more pink. Both work great on their own or under a number of lip glosses.

6. MAC 224 brush. Can't believe I have never owned a brush like this. It's great for blending. I've had it for about a month and it has made a huge difference to how my eye makeup looks.

Obviously the list could go on, but I'll stop myself there.
What are you loving (or not loving) this month?
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment