03 June 2010

Eye Looks Past Few Days

Oi, I'm falling behind...too much homework. Suddenly reality hit me and I have 3 big papers due in the next two weeks! But, two weeks and I'm walking...I can't believe I'm graduating college...finally! It's been a long four years haha. Anyway, here are the eye looks I did the past three days:

Tuesday June 1:
1. MAC Painterly pp
2. MAC eyeshadow in Mulch on lid
3. MAC eyeshadow in Sketch in crease
4. MAC eyeshadow in Grain to blend edges and use as highlight
5. Bright white shimmery eyeshadow in corner of eyes because this look is a bit dark
6. NYC waterproof brown eyeliner pencil

As I was doing this look I was worried it would be too dark, but I liked it. And I wore it for the day time, so it was daytime friendly. I think adding the shimmery white helped lighten the look though, and would recommend when you do darker looks, to keep the inner corner bright.

Wednesday June 2:

1. MAC Bare Study pp
2. MAC mineralize eyeshadow duo in Burning Ambition--the darker color on the outer corner, and the light color on the rest of the lid
3. Revlon black eyeliner pen

I was in a hurry yesterday to get ready so this was a very rushed look, and I wish I would have had more time. Note to self, don't use mineralize shadows when I'm in a hurry--a lot of fall out, but the colors are beautiful.

Thursday June 3:

1. MAC Painterly pp
2. Smashbox eyeshadow quad in Bright Eyed. OK, quick note, I wasn't going to purchase any eyeshadow until after my 30 day project, but I was looking at Sephora online and this was $6--seriously, so I had to get it. I'm so glad I did, I expected it to be the size of the trios, maybe a bit bigger, but this thing is the size of a MAC blush! It has a dark brown in it, a peach color, a highlight color, and a shimmery pinkish or light rose(?) color. So technically I did cheat, but I think my purchase is justified. They still have this eyeshadow quad online so I would recommend getting it, especially if you like neutral pallets.
3. Okay, the actual application of these colors: I used the peach on my lid, the highlight as a highlight, and the dark brown in outer crease and outer 1/3 of lid.
4. Smashbox brown cream liner (from one of their cream liner pallets) on top lash line.

This was a really pretty look. I look forward to doing it again....after my project of course :)

Thanks! Sorry I've been slacking. I have a couple other blogs I want to get up, but maybe I'll wait til this weekend. Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment