30 May 2010

Favorite Drugstore Finds Part 2


Hair care! Everythitg I use on my hair comes from the drugstore. That being said, there are brands at the drugstore that are more expensive and I've tried, but still---they are all drugstore products. These are just my top 7:

1. Conair brushes and combs--best quality of any brush or comb I've tried. And they last forever!

2. Bobby pins--I don't think it matters what brand, but bobby pins are a must.

3. Nexxus Dualiste Color Protection + Volume Shampoo--this is really cool stuff. I have fine, oily hair, but I color it. Usually volume shampoos aren't good to use on colored hair becasue they strip the hair (making it lightweight which therefore give you more volume) but shampoos for colored hair are usually so moisturizing they weigh down my hair. So basically, this shampoo is amazing, perfect, and definitly HG worthy! I don't use the conditioner with it becasue I don't use conditioner (but that's for another blog).

4. John Frieda Root Awakening Detangling Spray--I really like this stuff. My hair doesn't necessarily get tangled (it's short) but because I don't use a condtioner, I use this so my hair doesn't get dried out, but also doesn't get weighed down.

5. Got 2b Guardian Angel Heat Protect 'N Blow Out--this is a "blow dry lotion + gloss finish" spray. I've been using it for a couple months now and my hair feels healthier. I do blow dry my hair nearly every day, so using a protecting spray is very important. This is my first heat protecting spray I've ever used and I was a bit weary because of the word "lotion"--I thought it would make my hair greasy, but it doesn't. I use about 3-4 sprays all over and it keeps my hair safe and gives a bit of a shine--not really a gloss finish.

6. Tresemme Tres Two Extra Hold Hair Spray--HG! Will keep buying it forever! LOL. This is the best hair spray I've ever used. It doesn't make my hair crunchy and I can still comb through my hair, but it provides a strong hold.

7. American Crew Fiber--This is a more expensive product ($16 I believe) and it is a paste, so I don't use it very often, but I do like it. I wasn't sure if I was going to include it in this list, but it is a product I like and while it doesn't get used every day, I do like to rub a bit on my hands and work thorugh my hair when I want a bit of a messier finish than usual. This is also nice when i need to take care of fly-aways.

There you have it. Except for the paste and bobby pins, I use these products every day. Again, except for the paste, they are all reasonably priced and while the paste is more expensive, it lasts a long time. I bought mine in January and I've hardly used any at all. I think it also matters on how much hair you have. I use less product because I have short hair, so a more expensive product will last me longer than someone with long hair. I hope this was helpful!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment