24 May 2010

Foundation (and concealer) Routine


My foundation routine has never stayed the same for more than a few months because I've never found one I like. However, I believe I have found my perfect foundation(s). I've been doing this everyday for the past month and no complaints so far.

First I put on a primer (after I've washed my face, moisturized, etc). Right now I'm using Make Up For Ever HD primer #5. This is an okay primer. I think it does a good job. I personally like Benefit That Gal better, but MUFE has more in it and lasts longer for only a few bucks more, so that's what I'm using right now.

Then I conceal. I put on my concealer before my foundation because my foundation is powder. If you're using liquid or cream foundation, or a tinted moisturizer, I would put concealer on after because you'll probably find you don't need much concealer once your foundation is on. Anyway, for concealer I use two products.

The first is Benefit High Brow under my eyes. I use this rather than Eye Bright becasue that one has glitter in it and I don't want that under my eyes. I rub the pencil on my ring finger (that warms it up) then apply it under my eyes. After, I use a MAC 224 brush to lightly dust my MSF over it.

Then I use Cover Girl fresh complexion conealer in Classic Ivory to cover any redness.

Finally, foundation. I've been switching between MAC Studio Fix Powder in N3 and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light. I like both of these. The Studio Fix provides more coverage, but when I'm in a hurry or want something lighter, I grab my MSF. I use either a Kabuki brush or a large fluffy brush to apply each.

And that's it! I hope this was helpful.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment