20 May 2010

Today's look, a mini haul, and some sad news

Ok, first of all this is what I did today:

1. MAC Painterly pp on lid
2. MAC eyeshadow in Deep Truth on lid
3. MAC eyeshadow in Scene over Deep Truth and into crease
4. MAC eyeshadow in Grain to blend crease edges
5. Revlon Peach Sorbet on brow bone

The Verdict: This was a strong look, but it worked. I didn't wear any eyeliner because I thought it would look too harsh for a day time look. The only problem I find when wearing blue eyeshadow is that it can make the cirlces under your eyes look darker, so make sure to wear plenty of concealer.

Moving on: My mini, mini haul (only two things) and my sad news:

I went to the mall today to buy a dress for graduation and since I found the perfect dress in the first store we (my mom and I) went in, I figured I got to reward myself by stopping at the MAC counter at Macy's. There, I saw the Marine Life powder I'm dying to get so I tried it on....does not look good on me :( It is way to pink for me. I already have quite a bit of pink and sometimes even red in my cheeks so I avoid wearing pink blush or pink powder. Not going to get Marine Life, which is very sad becasue it looks so beautiful. I thought about getting it to wear on my eyes, but that's a lot of money and powder just to wear as eyeshadows, so not getting it :(. However I would recommend you try it. It's a gorgeous pink and coral color, it just doesn't love me.

On a slightly happier note though, I did pick up a couple of things. One is a bronzing powder in Golden--it's my first bronzer ever! And two is eyeshadow brush 239. The bronzer is a good color on me and I look forward to using it and experiementing with it, and I've already tried the brush which puts on a lot of color! Very nice! And it works good in the crease too.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment