20 July 2010

How: Being Adaptable

For some reason this week the word "adaptable" has been creeping into my head. I think in terms of skin and hair care, being adaptable is a must. There are days you are going to wake up with a huge zit on your face, greasy flat hair, or a head full of frizz, and you're going to have to deal with these problems when they arise. Now, you can simply panic and call in sick, or you can make a game plan now, and stick with it when "disaster" strikes.

Acne--it happens to all of us, sometimes for decades. I keep a strong acne medication in my medicine cabinet and at the first sight of one of those little buggers I start applying it 2x a day. Also avoid wearing too much makeup in that area and keep it oil free (such as dabbing it throughout the day with an oil absorbing sheet). If the pimple is big or prominent, know how to use concealer to cover it up and play up an area of your face away from the pimple. For example if you have a zit on the lower part of your face, make you eyes stand out and stick with neutral lips and cheeks.

Dry Skin or patch of skin--lately my chin has been really dry (weird) so I've been putting on my moisturizer as usual, and then adding a bit more to that area. I've also avoided dusting powder on my chin since it makes the dryness stand out. And at night I put on rose salve on my chin which has helped.

Hair--so many things can happen to hair. For me, I deal with greasy, flat, and limp hair. So I keep dry shampoo on my shelf and reach for that first because it absorbs excess oil. Then I use hair spray with alcohol in it (also good for the oil) and a quick blast of hot then cold air with the blow dryer. On your worst hair days? Wear a pony tail ;)

I think that if you know what to do ahead of time, you're less likely to freak out or get upset about beauty mishaps.

What are some of your game plans for a morning gone awry?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment