03 July 2010

Fast and Easy Tip 3: The Monochromatic Look


This is great for days when you're in a hurry, or if you want a fresh, no makeup, makeup look. After applying your foundation, choose a blush or bronzer (any color works. I like MAC Bronzer in Golden and MAC Beauty Powder in Summer Rose) that has a bit of shimmer in it, because you don't want this look too matte. Then apply the color from the apple of your cheeks up to your temple (yes, even bronzer) and onto your eye lids. If you're using a bronzer, you may want to add a bit of color along your hair line and on the bridge of your nose, but don't over do the color, you want to see two colors on your face: your skin color (foundation) and the colored product.
Doing this look will give you a wash of color all over with the use of one product! Usually when I do this I'll also put on a thin line of liner on my upper lash line and mascara on my upper lashes, and then pair my lips with a similar color. If I'm doing pink, then I chose a pinkish lipgloss and if I chose to do bronzer I like to do a nude lip or a bronze-ish colored lipgloss.
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That's a very pretty shade! I love matte lipsticks.

    www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete