22 March 2011

Daily Foundation Routine

I have FINALLY figured out a good everyday foundation routine! It's very simple and basic, but (cross my fingers) my skin has been behaving lately. I don't have as many break outs and my overall skin texture is improving since I've started eating healthier. I'm giving credit to my diet for the way my skin is looking because I haven't changed much else. This routine doesn't cover everything, but I'm trying to let my skin be and not completely cover it up too often). So here is what I reach for on my day to day basis:







1. Make Up For Ever HD primer: I use this in No 5 (? the blue one) only because that's the kind I've been using for a couple of years now. I got it in that color initially because it was suppose to be good for fair complexions. I don't see much difference as far as my complexion goes when I use it, but it does make my concealer and foundation go on smoother and last longer, and it makes my pores appear smaller. I'll probably branch out and try one of the other colors at some point, but for now this primer is amazing and I'm happy with it.



2. Garnier Nutrioniste Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Roller: This is a tinted eye care product but I don't use it as a skin care product, I use it as concealer. I got it because TiffanyD has been raving about it for so long, so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm so glad I did! This does do a good job as a concealer on it's own. I use it right underneath my eyes and on my dark circles. It also works as a good concealer base for days when I need a bit more coverage, and on those days I reach for...



3. MAC Select Moisture in NC 15: Taking the Sigma E49 I blend this concealer in only on my dark circles. I don't get this too close to right underneath my eyes because it tends to settle in fine lines.





4. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light: Last but not least, I use the Sigma F45 to blend this powder into my skin. I know I've talked about this powder a lot on my blog so I wont go over it again. BUT it's amazing!





Add on: Everyone once in a while I do want/need more coverage, and on those days I grab my Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Airbrush Spray Makeup in Light. I just did a review on this, but basically this foundation just gives me that something extra I need. It is not full coverage by any means, but when combined with my MSFN, it does a good almost medium coverage. Like most liquid foundations, I prefer to apply it with a sponge, although I've been trying it with my fingers and that works a lot better than I thought it would.





What are your foundation staples? Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment