14 March 2011

Sigma Brushes





I while ago I mentioned I finally broke down and bought Sigma brushes. I'm--in--LOVE with these brushes! They're really good quality (only one brush had hairs falling out and that was only the first few times I used it) and compared to most high end brushes, these are waaayy cheaper. They're awesome!

Top:

F45. This was the one I was looking forward to the most. MAC's version of this is over $50 and I've been wanting it forever, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a brush. So glad I didn't because the F45 is my favorite out of all of these! It's great for applying powder. I didn't realize powder foundation could look so natural, but this brush buffs it in til it looks like my skin. I love using this with my MSFN because it provides me with just the amount of coverage I need on a daily basis. My only complaint is that I wish it came with a small pouch so I could protect it.

Bottom from Left to Right:

F30: Very large fluffy brush. If I'm wearing liquid foundation I use this to dust on some powder, or sometimes I use this to apply my Hoola Bronzer. I've been liking Hoola a lot more now that I have a brush that does a good job of applying it.

F50: I love this brush for blush and for blending out any harsh lines from bronzer and blush. I have tried it with liquid foundations since that seems to be what it's used for the most, but I personally prefer a sponge.

E55: This brush does a great job packing on color. It also works well when it's damp and mixed with eyeshadow. Sometimes when you get a brush wet, they don't apply as well, but this one is so dense, it does.

E30: I don't normally wear eyeshadow on my lower lash line because I always end up putting way to much, but I love how narrow the tip is. It gets just the right amount of product on it, even I can't screw up butting eyeshadow on my lower lash line.

E40: Another favorite. I have the MAC version of this (224?), which is actually a bit smaller and more dense, so I like it more for blending eye shadows, but I love using this Sigma brush to blend in my concealer! It gives me an airbrushed finish. Works under my eyes and over pimples. I'm still playing around with concealer formulations, but it seems to work the best with liquid and powder. It doesn't work very well with cream.

E25: This brush didn't come with the set. It's a mini version they threw in for free. I didn't like it at first, but I just got the Naked Pallet (I know, it's about time!) and I love using this brush when i use Naked or Buck. It covers the outer half of my lid in a heart beat. Great for when I'm in a hurry. However, I don't use this brush with eye shadows that have any glitter in them, because it's so fluffy, glitter and fall out go everywhere.

Are there any Sigma brushes you love that you think I should check out? What brushes are you loving right now?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment