04 April 2011

March Favorites

Sorry this blog is late. March was really hectic, although I have a feeling the next two months will be even more crazy with all the wedding plans. Anyway, here's what I've been loving this month....

1. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Precious Metals (top) and Seashells (bottom): I've been interested in getting colored bases for a while now, and while I like paintpots, I didn't want to have a bunch of single creme bases, so when I saw these at Ulta I went for them. Precious Metals stuck out to me the most because metallics are (and have been) so big, and this palette has gold, silver, copper, and a rusty redish brown which is really pretty. Then since Ulta was having a buy 1 get one half off sale, I grabbed the Seashells set which is made up of two soft pinks, a grayish pink, and a whitish pink. They're just really soft colors I thought would look good for the Spring and even the Summer. These do have good staying power. They're work great as a base, but not sure if I like them on their own. Maybe the light pinks, but not the metallics--they need eyeshadow on top because they blend out really sheer. These are also pretty glittery/shimmery (some have more glitter and others are just shimmer) which I usually don't like to much, but if I keep them just on the lid, it's fine. I'm thinking of getting some of the other ones because I really like these.



2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden: This is sort of like a more liquid version of Painterly paint pot. You all know I love my Painterly, but in the warmer weather it tends to crease after wearing all day, and I've been wanting to try this product for a long time. I'm glad I got it. I like that it's more yellow base because it cancels out the redness on my eyelids. My eyeshadows still show up as pigmented as they do with Painterly. Since it's new, I haven't had trouble with the packaging yet, but I guess I'll deal with it when I get to that point. :)



3. Smashbox Lip Enchancing Gloss in Smitten: I've always been a fan of Smashbox lipgloss. They have great colors and last a long time. I like how versatile this color is. If I wear it over a nude lipstick or very light pink, it looks more light pink, but if I pair it with a darker color, it comes off darker.



4. MAC Cremesheed Glass in Boy Bait: as you can probably tell...it's empty! I never finish lipglosses, they always end up getting old and gross before I do, but I finished this one off this month because 4 out of 7 days a week this was the lipgloss I was wearing. I love it. I'm going to get a new one as soon as I go to the MAC counter. It's the perfect nude pink color! I love pairing it with Hue lipstick the most.



5. Nivea A Kiss of Moisture: This gets included as a favorite this month because I've been really sick all month and since I've been breathing through my mouth more at night (can't breathe through my nose :( ) my lips have been horribly chapped and this has save my lips!



What are your favorites for March?



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment