05 January 2011

TOP 2010 Makeup Finds

I can't believe how fast 2010 went by. This year was a big makeup year for me because it was my first time really getting into makeup. I didn't realize this until I had uploaded the photo, but almost all of these products are MAC. I apologize for this if you are someone who doesn't like MAC or if MAC is out of your price range, I just tried to narrow down my choices to 10 products and I think most of them are MAC because I discovered MAC this year. It was my first year using any of their products and I really love the brand, so I am sorry.

On a side note: I'm only including makeup because I'm doing an updated skin care routine this month of products I've been using for the past3-4 months. Also, I didn't feel any hair products stood out enough for me to include them in the top for 2010.

All these products are 2010 finds. I could have included ones that I've used for years, but I wanted my top 2010 makeup products to be ones I purchased in 2010. Here it goes...

Face:
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Light: This is the best powder I have ever used. It does not have a lot of coverage, so days when I need to cover more, I use a liquid foundation first, then put this over it. It blends easily, it lasts almost all day (If I'm going out at night, I add a bit more of this powder so it'll last me through the night). It's also great for my oily skin! If I could only choose one product to use, this would be it--I love it!
MAC Select Moisturize Cover in NC15: I've had this concealer for almost two months now, and I've used it every day to cover my underrate circles. I only need a tiny amount of this to get the coverage I want. I do have to be careful not to use too much though because if I do, it settles in the crease under my lower lash line.
MAC blush in Tenderling: On it's own this blush doesn't look special. It actually looks pretty blah and boring in the pan, but it's a beautiful color on my cheeks. It's a nude pink sheertone which means it doesn't have any shimmer, but it's not completely matte either. It gives my face a nice natural flush.


Eyes:
MAC eyeshadow in Mulch: It was really hard to chose just one eyeshadow color because I have so many, and I use different ones all the time. The most common eyeshadows I wear tend to be nude or beige shimmery ones, but I chose Mulch because it's the most unique color I own. It's not just brown, it has both warm and cool tones in it and it has a shimmer that appears to change color, depending on what I pair it with. It looks more golden if I use gold eyeshadow, or more bronze if I pair it with a copper or bronze shadow. I also think it works well with pinks and purples, which I like wearing. Basically, I haven't paired it with a color that it hasn't worked with yet.
MAC paint pot in Painterly: I think I've mentioned this on more than one occasion, so I wont talk about it too much here, but basically, it's a great base for eyeshadows. It makes them last longer and makes the colors more vibrant.
MAC eye kohl in Fascinating: I use this eyeliner all the time. It's great on my waterline, the inner corners of my eyes, and on my brow bones.


Lips:
MAC lipstick in Hue: This is a beautiful pink nude color that looks good with any color lipgloss over it. It's slightly lighter than my natural lip color, so it looks really good with my skintone. I love the finish because I can put this on straight from the tube and wear it with nothing else--it's very moisturizing.
Dior Lip Glow Balm: This is a 2010 favorite because it's moisturizing, it looks great on my lips by itself, or over pretty much any lipstick. It adds just enough of a punch of color without being too strong.
Benefit Benetint: Awesome lipstain! It's not drying (although I don't like it on its own, I put either a gloss or balm over it), and it's easy to apply once you get a hang of the brush. BTW: if you do have trouble with the brush, take it out completely, put your ring finger over the top if the bottle, shake, and then rub your finger over your lips.


Fragrance:
Vera Wang Princess. I mentioned this one in my last favorite blog and it is my favorite perfume of the year. It smells amazing and it's very light, so it's hard to put too much on.

What great finds did you find in 2010?

Happy (late) New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment