08 January 2011

Depot Benefit Boxed Powders

Benefit's boxed powders come in cute, but annoying, packaging. They take up a lot of room and they're not travel friendly. I've been wanting to depot most of my makeup to keep it in palettes instead of containers, and I got everything done except my Hoola bronzer and Dandelion. I looked on youtube and different blogs but I couldn't find anything on how to depot them. I decided to just take the initiative and go for it, and I found that depoting Benefit's powders is a lot easier than depoting MAC. So I want to share with you how I did it because I know quite a few people don't care for the packaging on these and maybe you'll be able to depot your boxed powders and save room in your makeup drawers. :)


Step 1: Use a pair of wire cutters to make a single cut alone each corner, then pry the pieces of the box down (pic 1)

Step 2: Using a knife, gently pry the pan away from the box (pic 2). Some cardboard will come off with the pan (pic 3).

Step 3: Use a blow dryer on the back of the pan (on low setting) to soften the glue. Try 15 sec intervals, until you can easily use the knife to remove all the cardboard from the pan (pic 4).

Step 4: (my camera battery died at this point sorry) Cut a magnet to fit on the back (just a small square or circle works--you don't need one the size of the pan) and label your powder, then put in a palette and you're done!


I hope this helped! Cheers!







2 comments:

  1. oh wow i was really just about to try this myself! I'm trying to make a custom face palette with this as my bronzer. Thanks so much!

    http://procrastinatingpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I'm going to do with my new benefit powders, I've got Hoola, Dallas and Coralista. And one big Z-palette ). Have you tried to depot Chanel? O jave lovely single eyeshadows from Chanel and the package is annoying ))

    ReplyDelete