05 November 2010

October Favorites (and Sept)


I know I didn't post a September Favorites Blog last month, but I had the picture ready, my camera and computer just weren't getting along. So the picture above was technically intended for September, but I used these products all of October too, so this is a double favorites blog.

1. OPI Just a Little Rosti at This: Beautiful dark fall red color! Fall colors are my favorite in makeup and nail polish, so I'm excited to be rocking darker colors again! By the way, both these nail colors are a cream finish.

2. OPI Ski Teal We Drop: Dark teal color. I especially love wearing this on my finger nails because the color is different and eye catching.

3. Salley Hansen Diamond Shine Base and Top Coat: I've been looking for a new base and top coat because the one I usually use from Salley Hansen gets very thick and goopy fast. I never finish an entire bottle of it. This one however, is thin and dries very quickly, but I don't think it makes my nail polish last as long. I still like it though more than the other one. I really like putting it on my bare nails when I don't have time for a full mani or pedi--it makes my nails look very clean and shiny, but in a realistic way.

4. Benefit Dandelion: How could I have lived this long without ever trying this product? I thought it would be too pink for my skin, but it's a very subtle pink color that comes out more of a glow on my face. I've been using it as a highlighter rather than a blush because it is rather shimmery, and I don't like a lot of shimmer on the apples of my cheeks, but it's pretty on top of my cheek bones, bridge of my nose, and blended into my temples. Sometimes I use it under my brow, but never in the corner of my eye because it is too pink when used there. One thing I don't like about it--the powder is really soft. It gets dints in it easily and when I sweep my brush over it, even very lightly, I get way to much product. Does anyone else have this problem? My Benefit Hoola doesn't do this. I dunno, weird.

5. MAC lipglass in Best of Breed: I already did a post on this gloss and I'm still loving it. It's a muted blue toned gloss with shimmer in it. It's fun to wear. I find that I wear it mostly when I leave the rest of my face bare. Note: do not wear this if your lips are dry or flaky...not pretty.

6. Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin in Ivory 110: I'm not exactly sure what I want to say about this foundation, mainly because I just started using a new foundation that I absolutely love, but I want to give that time before I post about it. I do like Colorstay though. I got it in August and have been using it up until 3 days ago. I know I tend to be anti liquid foundation, mainly because of my oily skin; I've tried a number of liquid foundations that claim they have a matte finish, and are long lasting, and help prevent your skin from looking like an oil slick halfway through the day, but none of them have ever really delivered. So I just decided to give up on liquid and stick with powder.

I tried Colorstay after seeing a couple reviews on it on YouTube, and it was on sale for $8 at the drugstore, so I figured, why not? I was really impressed with it. It evens out my skin tone without being heavy. I actually gave up undereye concealer when I started using this, because it completely covered my dark circles. Actually, the only time I use concealer now is when I have a zit. This is pink toned and I tend to lean towards yellow toned foundations because my skin has red undertones, but the color looks pretty natural on my face. (I actually didn't realize how pink it was until I got my new foundation which has a yellow base.) I think I would give this foundation a 7 out of 10. yes, it covered well, and for the first few hours my skin looked great (especially if it's cool, if it's hot, all bets are off), but then oil would be an issue and you could see the foundation on my face, especially on my cheeks near my nose. Also, if you have any dry spots on your face, this foundation makes them stick out. But I do like it more than most liquid foundations I've use, and it lasts for a good part of the day. I plan on switching between this and my new one this month and then I'll get back to you.

What products have you been loving this fall so far?

4 comments:

  1. I lovee favorites of the month posts! my fall favorites have definitely been my Harajuku Lover's perfume in "Love," my Covergirl lashblast mascara, Nivea Kiss of Recovery chapstick and my MAC ladyblush :) nice blog! check out mine if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base and Top Coat is one of my all time favouites. This month I've been trying to use less makeuo, I've been loving the Bourjois healthy mix foundation and covergirl's nailpolish in plum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, very nice selection! I adore revlon colourstay cos it always leaves my skin looking great and it's fairly inexpensive.

    I'd love the try the MAC gloss and Benefit Dandelion because they sound superb but they're a wee bit out of my price range at the min! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally Hansens Diamond shine is so amazing! just tried it out! completly love thanks!
    http://cityloveshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete