19 November 2010

Happiness is....a haircut!

I've struggled with wanting long hair my whole life, even though I know short hair is more my style. Not only does it look better, but it suits my personality. I got my hair cut really short in January, and then I started letting it grow out. And I hated it, but I kept thinking, as soon as it's long, it'll be worth it. Um, no. No way. When my hair gets even to shoulder length, it just hangs, unless I'm willing to spend at least 10 min blow drying it every day, plus the time it takes to style it. I finally called it quites two weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. I went into the salon and got it cut into a bob/pixie style. It looks and feels so much lighter, and it's not a struggle to get it to have some volume, because the top layers are short enough they create their own volume! It honestly takes me 3 min to blow dry my hair. That's it! And when I'm done, all I have to do is run a brush through it a couple times, and I'm out the door. I think it's silly that I convince myself if I grow my hair out, I'll suddenly have thick full hair because long or short, my hair is always going to be fine. I don't know why, but short hair makes me feel more flirty and adventurous...anyway, I'm really happy to be back to short hair! :)

If you have one, what's your signature hair style and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment