29 November 2010

Longwear Foundation





Last month I put Revlon Colorstay (oily/combo) as one of my favorites for the month. I still think it's a good foundation, but for some reason November became foundation month for me and I've tried out 4! different liquid foundations this month. This blog though is going to be comparing Almay TLC and MAC Pro Longwear foundations to Colorstay because they are all labeled as longwear foundations.
Oh, real quick about my skin type: fair, redness in cheeks, acne prone, and combo-oily to oily.
Revlon Colorstay (oily/combo): I talked about this a bit in my last Favorites blog, so I'll just run by this real quick. Revlon claims this foundation "Looks and feels fresh all day," "Oil free--shine control," "Natural, flawless look," and "transfer-resistant." Well, I think I've said this before, but nothing looks and feels fresh all day on my face unless I touch up at least 2x, but I've gotten used to that, so that didn't bother me. It definitely stays though and doesn't transfer, however, the nice coverage I get in the morning, doesn't last until evening. It handles oil pretty well. Some liquid foundations look awful anywhere oil is coming in on your face but this doesn't. I can sit for 4 hours (max) and not worry about looking like an oil slick (after that though, I have to touch up). This tends to get cakey around any dry spots I have which is usually my chin and eyebrows. Feels light(ish) when applied and blends easily.
Almay TLC: This is definitely longwear, but shows makes dry spots stand out more than Colorstay. It's thicker than Colorstay, but still blends easily. This claims that it looks "freshly applied all day" (not so much. after 5 hours it was looking pretty bad) and "won't rub off" (this is true, unless I was trying to rub it off my face). It's oil free, but I looked oily on my cheeks after a couple hours. I put this on one side of my face and Colorstay on the other, and they looked pretty much the same. The only difference was that Colorstay wasn't as drying and lasted longer.
MAC Pro Longwear: I had such high hopes for this. I thought this foundation was the one. It's much runnier than the other two and blends a lot easier. It felt very light, had a great number of color choices, and provided a good amount of coverage (much more than Colorstay or TLC) without feeling heavy. BUT...it dried out my skin bad enough that after four days of wearing it by skin was really dry and flaky (yet somehow still oily) and required over a week to get back to normal :(. I couldn't believe how drying this was, especially since my skin is so oily. Maybe this would be good for people with super super oily skin, but if you have anything near combo to dry, stay away.
So Colorstay is still my foundation of choice at the moment. There are still a couple of other ones I want to try, but if none of them work, I'm giving up for a while on going on a foundation break.
Has anyone else tried any of these foundations? What did you think about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment