20 September 2010

Grown Up Blue Lipgloss?

(I couldn't get a good pic of this on my camera so this picture taken from google images)

MAC tinted lipglass Best of Breed.

When I was in 6th grade I got a little makeup set for Christmas. You know the kind they sell at Claire now? Little girl makeup. In it was this dark blue lipgloss that honestly stained your lips BLUE--dark blue. No joke. And I rocked it. I thought I looked so cool wearing it. Well my days of blue lips are long behind me, or so I thought, until I walked into MAC about 2 weeks ago to check out their new feline line, and this lipgloss got my attention. At first I was just trying it on for fun, I mean, come one, I wouldn't be caught dead walking down the street with blue lips unless it was Halloween. However, when I put it one I was impressed. It looks very blue in the tube but it does not come out that way on your natural lip. If you are looking up close you can see just a hint of blue, but your eyelashes have to practically be touching my lips. This color looks great on its own and with blue based pink lipsticks. I did try it today over MAC's creme d'nude lipstick, and with a nude base, this definitely looks more blue, but in a wearable way. It's been about 3 hours since I applied it and it's still there, so thumbs up to grown up blue gloss!

What wild colors have you tried on your lips?

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see how it looks on the lips but I probably wouldn't dare to wear it...

    www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete