25 October 2010

Dark Eyeshadow

First of all, I apologize for the lack of posts this month. I still haven't put up my September Favorites, even though the picture is sitting in my camera itching to be downloaded. Busy, busy month. Had a family member's wedding to deal with...

My camera isn't cooperating with me right now, so sorry, there aren't any pictures to go with this blog, but we don't need pictures.

I love fall and winter because I love wearing dark eyeshadow, and it never feels quite the same wearing dark shadow any other time of the year. I think what I've been doing has been referred to as the reverse smokey eye (??maybe??), but here are my tips to pulling off dark eye shadows during the day:

1. Keep the darkest color on the lid only--don't pull it into the crease. I love browns so I start this look by putting a dark chocolate brown on my lid.

2. Add a medium brown (or a medium of whatever color spectrum you're doing) to the crease--this gives depth to the eye, but it's still work appropriate.

3. Blend both colors up a bit by using a very light brown (preferably one with some shimmer to draw attention to the higher part of you peepers)--this avoids making the eyes look heavy.

4. Highlighter! You need this when you're pulling off dark shadows. Add highlighter to the inner corners of your eyes and under your brows.

5. Want eyeliner? Keep the line thin, a bit smudged, and on your upper lasline only.

What kind of makeup do you love to pull off during Fall?

1 comment: