04 September 2010

August Favorites

Wow...I can't believe summer is pretty much over. Well this month was absolutely gross...110 degrees plus humidity....YUCK! So, like last month, I didn't wear much makeup, but I still have some favs for the month, so here they are...

1. L'Oreal EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment: I think I've mentioned before that I've given up on conditioner, but since I've been trying to grow out my hair I decided I had to do something. So while I was doing some research this product caught my eye and I thought it would be better than conditioner because you put it on at night and wash your hair the next morning. Long story short, I really like this. My hair does feel thicker and smoother, but not flat or greasy. I just work 1 pump into my hair before bed, starting at my ends and working towards my roots. It absorbs really quickly, not instantly, but within 2 minutes I can lay my head on my pillow without worrying about any residue. A definite must!

2. MAC Love to Love mineralize eyeshadow (from In the Groove Collection): This is a great eyeshadow trio. I use the middle color on my lids, the dark one in the crease, and the lightest as a highlight. These colors are so easy to blend, I can my entire eye with just a fluffy brush like the MAC 224, which makes for a fast application. I've been doing this look a lot this month because it is so easy to do and doesn't take much time.

3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light: This month, if I've put anything on my face it's been this. Just primer, maybe some concealer, and this powder--that's it. This is the best face powder I've ever used. I love it! I hope MAC always carries this.

4. Nude Lipgloss: With the humidity, I've just been slicking on nude lipgloss before going out. My favorite two are MAC Cremesheen Glass in Boy Bait and CoverGirl Wetslicks Amazemint in No Care Bare.

5. MAC Painterly Paint Pot: This is something I've been using almost everyday for months and it's still a favorite :). It covers discoloration on my eyelids, and is a great base for eyeshadows--it makes them last longer and makes the colors more vibrant.

What were some of your favorites this month?

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours in that Mac mineralize eyeshadow. I need to get myself a painterly paint pot. This month I've been using MAC's matte bronzing powder a LOT so it's definitely one of my August favourites.

    www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Agatha That's awsome! I didn't realize MAC had a matte bronzer. I've been using Golden, but sometimes it's a bit too shimmery for me, I'll have to check out their matte one and see what it's like. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete