17 September 2010

Leaving the House With No Makeup--Oh My!

Okay, so I'm organized about my mornings. My family prefers the to say "OCD," but either way, the night before I like to lay out my clothes (perfectly understandable right?) and in the morning before I hop in the shower, I usually get out the makeup I'm going to wear for the day. To me this makes since because as soon as I'm ready to put my makeup on, it's already ready for me (no digging through draws). Anyway, sorry to ramble, today was no different. Makeup is out, and I just finished drying my hair when my friend comes by to drop something off for me. 10 minutes later...20 minutes later...finally 30 minutes later I'm having to tell her I have to leave in a few to get to work! I run back into my room, throw on clothes and realize there is no way makeup is happening today. But I have enough time for primer and a bit of powder. That's it. Okay, I admit I did put lip gloss on in the car. Still, here I am with only three items on my face. And I have to confess that I don't mind.

Would I have rather worn more makeup? Totally. If I had had the time would I have put on some blush and liner and mascara? In a heart beat. I like makeup and given the chance, I prefer to wear it, however, sometimes I worry that makeup becomes a necessity to us (me included), rather than an accessory. It's sad, but I hear girls and women all the time saying they won't leave the house without makeup. I say we remember that we wear makeup for ourselves, not for others. If we're putting on makeup to change the way others see us, we're wearing it wrong. Let's give ourselves a break and leave the house every once in a while wearing little or no makeup! The only ones who can stop us are ourselves.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment