16 February 2011

Face Off: Face Powders



Top: Benefit Get Even in Light
Bottom Left: MAC Studio Fix Powder in N3
Bottom Right: MAC Minineralized Skin Finish Natural in Light
I took this picture a while ago when I was putting together blog ideas, but I have used up all of the Benefit powder and the MAC MSFN (and repurchased a new one). I stopped using the MAC Studio Fix powder and am Back-to-MAC-ing it.
To compare these products...........
Benefit Get Even is more of a blot powder or setting powder. It does okay controlling oil, but tends look cakey, and I noticed it made my skin look dry in places I didn't even realize may be dry. I like that it had a mirror and the inside of it was actually big enough that I kept a wedge sponge in there that I changed every week. I also liked that it was yellow based so it helped with midday redness. However, overall, I wouldn't purchase it again or recommend it. In the end, this was just your basic blot powder.
MAC Studio Fix Powder is a powder foundation. I've blogged about this plenty of times, but I don't really get along with liquid foundation (although that hasn't stopped me from trying to find one that I like), so I tend to stick with powders. Surprisingly though, this powder made my skin oily! More oily than some liquid foundations. It was really weird. The coverage and is great, but after two hours, I was an oil slick. And, unfortunately, it broke me out :( but most MAC foundations do. I personally would not repurchase, but I think it may work for some people so I would tell a friend to check it out.
MAC MSFN: Holy Grail for sure! Love, love, love this powder. This is a pressed mineralized powder and it is amazing!!!! I plan on doing an updated foundation routine soon, but basically, this has sheer to close-to-medium coverage (depending on what you apply it with. I personally like applying it was a Kabuki brush which gives me more coverage). I notice I don't get as oily throughout the day when I just have this on which is great! Two down sides: it doesn't last all day, so I do reapply if I'm going out in the evening, and no mirror. If this came in a mirror I'd keep one in my purse and one in my makeup drawer, but since I need a mirror for touch ups I use a blot powder that has a mirror. Still, definitely think everyone should check this out!
What are your go to powders?
Have a great week everyone!
Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment