18 August 2010

How To: Bronzers


I know this blog is long overdue, but as a bronzer newbie, I wanted to give myself enough time until I felt comfortable with bronzers. First of all, I can't believe I went so many years thinking bronzer was a scary thing, because it's not! Oh, quick note on the pics, the first picture shows the truer colors of the bronzers (Benefit Hoola and MAC Golden) rather than the second picture which makes them look orange--they really aren't orange, it was just my flash. Okay, anyway, here are some tips I have about bronzer....
1. Wearing it as a blush, with the most color on high cheeks and temple. This is probably my favorite way to wear bronzer, and I apply it with either a fluffy brush or a blush brush.
2. Doing the E 3 with a twist: lightly dust bronzer on the forehead close to the hair line, the temple, the cheeks where you apply blush, and then down on the neck a bit. This is best with a matte bronzer. With a shimmery one it's too much shimmer.
3. Applied too much? Take a large kabuki brush and blend out the bronzer.
Thanks guys!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I like to wear bronzer as a blush as well. Momentarily I'm loving Chanel's cream bronzer and MAC's Matte bronzing powder.

    www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete